- UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT FURTHER LIMITS GENERAL PERSONAL JURISDICTION
- SCOTUS DEFINES BOUNDARIES OF FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT
- United States Supreme Court Issues Much Anticipated TC Heartland LLC v. Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC Decision
- Cooch and Taylor Obtains Summary Judgment for its Clients on Trade Secret Claims
- Attorneys – Will Workers’ Compensation Cover Your Softball Injury?
Monthly Archives: June 2017
In 3 recent opinions, the United States Supreme Court has undeniably confirmed that general jurisdiction is only appropriate in a forum where a defendant is either incorporated or headquartered (aka, “at home”). These decisions come on the heels of the … Continue reading
In his first written opinion, Justice Gorsuch wrote on behalf of a unanimous Court that the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act does not apply to entities that purchase the debts of others and attempt to collect for themselves. CitiFinancial Auto … Continue reading